STATEMENT OF PRIVACY
Because your privacy is important to us, UK College of Personal Development operates by these principles:
(1) We collect and process “personal data” – as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 – in providing UK College of Personal Development services. In particular, we use your Personal Information to better understand your requirements of your membership to The UK College of Personal Development, and we may occasionally inform you of new features, services and products from The UK College of Personal Development unless you opt-out of such notices. You can control the use of your data using “account settings”
(2) All personal data are processed by The UK College of Personal Development in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Part of our compliance is the registration of the purposes for which we process data with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This is available on the Public Register of Data Controllers at www.ico.gov.uk
(3) You MUST be 18 years old or over to join the UK College of Personal Development website and/or attend UK College of Personal Development events.
(4) Any “sensitive personal data” – as defined in the legislation- will only be processed with your explicit consent – for example, racial or ethnic origin.
(5) The UK College of Personal Development has an obligation under the Act to ensure all data processed are correct and current, but we ask that you review and update your personal information at any time.
(6) By its very nature and purpose, the UK College of Personal Development website is a medium by which professional people seek to make contact with each other. Other members may contact you via the UK College of Personal Development forums, the private messaging system, via export contact tools, via mass mailing newsletter tools or directly to your e-mail addresses if visible on your profile. (if and when this service is added to the Be Inspired Group website) You can choose to stop receiving private messages and messages sent via the mass mail tools at anytime.. All the personal information you enter onto the UK College of Personal Development site and choose to be displayed, will be viewable by any other member, by members who may export and save this data, or any casual visitor to the site, including search engines that index the pages of the UK College of Personal Development website. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for any processing conducted outside the remit of our services.
(7) During your UK College of Personal Development membership registration process, or at any time thereafter, you can control what is visible via the Privacy and Display settings when logged in at **************** and by choosing not to provide this information where this information is optional. (If and when the Be Inspired Group add a online forum and or visible members section)
(9) Subscribers are able to see who within the membership has looked at their profile page. Advertisers within the UK College of Personal Development Ads Directory and Marketplace Listings are able to see who within the membership has looked at their web page, Club moderators are able to see who within the membership has looked at their club home page, you may amend your setting in your profile so you will not appear within these features, the default setting is on (you will appear).
(10) Data are only shared with third parties as part of our services and/or if we are required to do so by UK law. All data are subject to the UK Data Protection Act 1998 as this is where collection and storage occurs, although it may be accessed globally. We cannot accept liability for any processing conducted by third parties outside our remit.
None of the above affects your rights of access to any data we hold about you. If you wish to request a copy of these data, please firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any such request may attract an administration fee of £10.00, payable in advance and non-refundable.