Unlike registered therapists, a Mental Health Life Coach does not specialise in treating complex clinical problems. However, what they can do is help clients manage emotions, challenge negative thinking patterns, improve relationship skills, and reduce stress and anxiety — all of which bolsters and supports good mental health.
The combination of the outcome-focused, future planning life coaching skills with the knowledge gained from the First Aid For Mental Health training will give you the skills to work with a range of clients enabling them to overcome issues and help them develop and create positive personal and professional life goals.
Mental Health Life Coaching helps clients envision life without depression or other obstacles to emotional well-being. It is a niche within the coaching field which touches on therapy, but it does not work with or attempt to treat mental illness. Coaches in this niche don’t view mental health in terms of illness or psychological problems; they view it as an issue needing life goals clarification and identification, support and guidance, behaviour modification, and life skills training.
These are the main areas on which mental health coaches work:
- Identifying, clarifying, and defining goals.
- Creating a plan that will use the client’s skills and strengths to reach those goals.
- Holding the client accountable for the progress and achievement of those goals.
- Providing structure, inspiration, guidance, motivation, and support.
This course is delivered online using a mix of pre-study material and LIVE Online workshops. You will have a dedicated tutor for the assessment of the First Aid For Mental Health part of the course.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
This groundbreaking course will give you 3 nationally recognised qualifications:
- Foundation Diploma in Life Coaching
- Foundation Diploma in NLP
- Level 2 Award in First Aid For Mental Health
This course is accredited by the following bodies:
- Association For Coaching
- Association For NLP
- First Aid Awards
This course is delivered online with a dynamic mix of pre-recorded study material and LIVE Online Interactive training. This course is delivered in partnership with John Lewis from JL Mindset Performance. John has a successful coaching practice with his focus on Life Coaching, Sports Coaching & Motivation. John is also a licensed First Aid For Mental Health trainer.