ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching & Mentoring
Coaching and mentoring skills are essential for the development of a high performing, collaborative business. Establishing a core of effective managers who can develop staff and communicate strategy effectively so staff know what is expected of them and feel supported, is pivotal to successful competitive businesses.
The ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring is a highly respected qualification that gives practising and aspiring managers and consultants the opportunity to develop in their role as a coach or mentor.
The aim of this ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring training programme is to develop the capability to coach others within a non-directive, non-judgemental framework. The course will allow participants to gain confidence and ability to support others in their development and personal growth.
Our Award-Winning coach training programme workshops are highly participative, using facilitated discussion, detailed and informative presentations, coaching practices and feedback. The workshops promote reflection and improvement and encourage delegates to find opportunities to apply their learning in the workplace. Delegates are supported with action learning based coaching sessions and will complete three work-based learning assignments, which once they are assessed and verified delegates achieve their qualification.
Enrolling on this ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring training programme will help you gain a detailed understanding of the coaching role, the knowledge and skills required to implement a programme of coaching or mentoring for individual clients and the opportunity to put this into practice whilst receiving expert one to one tutor support which includes, guidance, personal coaching and supervision.
ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring Structure:
Credit Value: 37 Credits
Duration: Up to Three Years
Study Methodology: Blended Learning Option – Online Training & Live Workshops at the UKCPD Training Center in Swindon
Tutor Support: Supervision / Peer Review / Co-Coaching Forum
Assessment Criteria: Three written assignments:
- 1. Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring (8580-500)
- 2. Undertaking an extended period of management coaching or mentoring in the workplace. (8580-502)
- 3. Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor. (8580-503)
Entry Requirements: Participants will normally be practising managers or consultants with a coaching or mentoring role and the opportunity to meet the assessment demands. Please feel free to contact us at any time for additional information: 01793 511180 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Personal Benefits for business coaches, consultants and trainers
- Get a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor
- Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation
- Be able to assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor
- Provide evidence of your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification
- Plan your further development
- Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring in your organisation
Benefits for employers
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Develop a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation
- Encourage managers to provide effective support for the development of others and improve their performance
Additional support materials include:
- Coaching for Performance: GROWing Human Potential and Purpose – the Principles and Practice of Coaching and Leadership ~ Sir John Whitmore
- Learning To Learn: A Guide & Support For Reflective Practice, Developing Critical Thinking Skills For Personal & Professional Development
- Training Manual
- Reflective Learning Log
- Coaching Diary Template
- Access to comprehensive online learning and support material.
- New Feature: Digital Library of Academic Articles Focusing on Coaching & Mentoring
This course is a Level 5 qualification accredited by the ILM. The ILM is the UK’s largest management body, combining industry-leading qualifications and specialist member services.
Students that successfully complete the course will be invited to become members of the ILM. Student membership is awarded for 6 months once you register for the programme.
Students that successfully complete this ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching & Mentoring course will be eligible to join the Association For Coaching, this is the professional body for coaching in the UK.
The UK College of Personal Development is committed to sustaining and advancing the very best coaching practice. Our aim as a professional training organisation is to fully support all our students that are completing our range of accredited coach training programmes. As set out by the professional body, supervision is regarded as essential for all developing and practising professional coaches.
What is Coaching Supervision?
Coaching supervision is a formal and protected time for facilitating in-depth reflection for coaches to discuss their work with someone who is experienced as a Coach.
Supervision offers a confidential framework within a collaborative working relationship in which the practice, tasks, process and challenges of the development of the coach and the actual coaching work can be explored.
The primary aim of supervision is to enable the coach to gain in ethical competency, confidence and creativity so as to ensure the best possible service to the coaching client. Supervision is not a ‘policing’ role, but rather a trusting and collegial professional relationship.
These sessions will be held at regular intervals so no matter where you are in your studies, there will be opportunities for you to join the sessions. Once you will be included in the supervision event invitations.
The good news is that the process of support and development for our students will not end when they qualify and leave the training programme, we will continue to offer additional opportunities for professional CPD and Supervision, both with the group or one to one to all via our new Professional Support Service programme.
This is a Blended Learning Option: Online Training & Live Workshops at the UKCPD Training Center in Swindon