Brand New Course launch Very Soon
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management is designed for practising middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
A recent survey carried out by the CIPD revealed that 91% of organizations believe there is a direct link between leadership development and business performance, with 65% believing there is a shortage of effective leaders in the UK. The courses in the programme help managers acquire the personal insight and the knowledge and skills with which to transform the performance of their teams and businesses.
Those in middle to senior management roles face a multitude of challenges on a day-to-day basis whilst being accountable for driving motivation and achieving goals throughout their teams and the organisation. This programme focuses on how to drive organisational performance through people by using effective leadership behaviours and innovation and change management techniques within the workplace.
As a key part of your development, you will be invited to complete the iWAM Psychometric Profiling tool, the iWAM profiling instrument is a unique and powerful assessment tool designed to measure motivational and attitudinal patterns in the work-context that directly influence:
- What you sense and experience from the world around you
- How you interpret what you experience
- How you behave and communicate as a result.
In other words, iWAM helps explain, predict, and influence performance at work by assessing what you pay attention to, how you think, and how you prefer to behave. For anyone looking to improve their leadership and management skillset, this assessment tool and the full report is a powerful resource.
With the iWAM assessment report one can predict what motivates a person, their work attitude, how they prefer to communicate, and how they prefer to act in their work context. iWAM allows the individual to take into account the personal preferences and to value their strengths. Using iWAM will help a leader at any level within an organisation make better use of their strengths while acknowledging areas for development or delegation.
Once you are registered on the course, your tutor will be in touch and send you the login links and password etc to complete the online assessment, the results will be sent to you and your coach/tutor will take you through the full report and offer insights and suggestion on how to use the information to develop your leadership and management knowledge and skills.
An additional resource to help you develop your leadership skills we have included the Leadership Style Questionnaire. This tool is helpful in highlighting your current leadership style and gives direction on where development may be useful.
Both this and the iWAM Psychometric Profiling tool will amplify your learning from this training and enable you to leverage your insights and developing confidence in both your leadership and management activities.
In particular, these tools when used with the qualification unit “Assessing your own Leadership Capability and Performance (8607- 520)” will be a game-changer for your leadership and management career.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and assess the appropriateness of the prevailing leadership styles in your organisation
- Examine the impact of leadership styles on organisational climate and culture
- Promote visionary leadership to support organisational growth
- Understand the importance of motivation in achieving organisational objectives
- Describe the importance of innovation and change
- Apply knowledge gained to implement an innovative solution in your own organisation
- Address power and influencing strategies
- Explore the role and attributes of the visionary leader
- Provide tools to assess the team and organisational culture
- Offer the opportunity to apply a range of emotionally intelligent leadership styles
- Address the three levels of employee engagement
- Identify best practice guiding principles for innovation and change management
- Provide tools to analyse opportunities for innovation and change
- Address techniques generating and analysing suitable courses of action
- Enable the creation and implementation of a SMART change management plan
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is made up of varying units with a minimum credit value of 25 credits made up from our carefully selected units. This course is delivered online with tutor support and by completing a number of written assignments.
Assessing your own Leadership Capability and Performance (8607- 520)
- Understand leadership styles
- Review the effectiveness of your own leadership capability and performance in meeting your organisation’s values and goals
- Be able to adopt the most effective leadership style to motivate staff to achieve your organisation’s values and goals
Leading Innovation and Change ( 8607-504)
- Understand the need for innovation and change management within an organisation
- Be able to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance
- Be able to lead and manage change within an organisation
Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring (8607-530)
- Understand the purpose of coaching and mentoring within an organisational context
- Understand the principles of effective coaching or mentoring in practice and how to evaluate the benefits
This course is a Level 5 qualification accredited by the ILM, the UK’s largest management body, combining industry-leading qualifications and specialist member services.
Students that successfully complete the course will be invited to become members of the ILM. Student membership is awarded for 6 months once you register for the programme, students that successfully complete the course are also invited to become members of the UK College of Personal Development.