ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
This is a highly respected qualification that gives practising and aspiring managers and consultants the opportunity to develop in their role as a coach or mentor. The aims of this programme is to develop the capability to coach using established coaching frameworks.
The course will allow participants to gain confidence and ability to support others in their development and personal growth.
Enrolling on this ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring training programme will help you gain a detailed understanding of the coaching role, the knowledge and skills required to implement a programme of coaching or mentoring for individual clients and the opportunity to put this into practice whilst receiving expert one to one tutor support which includes, guidance, personal coaching and supervision.
The UK College of Personal Development is an Award-Winning ILM Approved Centre and an Organisational Member of the Association For Coaching.
Our Award-Winning coach training programme workshops are highly participative, using facilitated discussion, detailed and informative presentations, coaching practices and feedback. The workshops promote reflection and improvement and encourage delegates to find opportunities to apply their learning in the workplace. Delegates are supported with action learning based coaching sessions and will complete three work-based learning assignments, which once they are assessed and verified delegates achieve their qualification.
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring Structure:
Credit Value: 16 Credits
Duration: Up to Two Years
Study Methodology: Blended Learning Option – Online Training & Live Workshops at the UKCPD Training Center in Swindon
Tutor Support: Supervision / Peer Review / Co-Coaching Forum
Assessment Criteria: Three written assignments:
- 1. Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring within an
Organisational Context (8588-500)
- 2. Undertaking Effective Coaching or Mentoring (minimum 18 hours) within an Organisational Context (8588-501)
- 3. Reviewing Own Ability as a Coach or Mentor within an Organisational Context (8588-503)
Entry Requirements: Participants will normally be practising managers or consultants with a coaching or mentoring role and the opportunity to meet the assessment demands. Please feel free to contact us at any time for additional information: 01793 511180 / email@example.com
Benefits for business coaches, consultants and trainers
- Improve your effectiveness as a coach
- Win more business because you have a nationally recognised qualification and even greater skills
- Improve your confidence and credibility as a coach
- Learn how to coach someone effectively in a session lasting just a few minutes
Benefits for managers and senior managers
- Improve your confidence to coach your team
- Learn coaching skills to draw the best out of your team
- Learn how to coach colleagues from other areas of your organisation even if you don’t know anything about their specific situation
- Enhance your career development prospects
- Learn how to coach colleagues effectively in a session lasting just a few minutes
Additional support materials include:
- Coaching for Performance: – the Principles and Practice of Coaching and Leadership ~ Sir John Whitmore
- Learning To Learn: A Guide & Support For Reflective Practice, Developing Critical Thinking Skills For Personal & Professional Development
Please Note: Kindle versions of the above textbooks are an available option.
- Reflective Learning Log
- Coaching Diary Template
- Access to comprehensive online learning and support material.
Students that successfully complete this ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring course will be eligible to join the Association For Coaching, this is the professional body for coaching in the UK.
The UK College of Personal Development is committed to sustaining and advancing the very best coaching practice. Our aim as a professional training organisation is to fully support all our students that are completing our range of accredited coach training programmes. As set out by the professional body, supervision is regarded as essential for all developing and practising professional coaches.
What is Coaching Supervision?
Coaching supervision is a formal and protected time for facilitating in-depth reflection for coaches to discuss their work with someone who is experienced as a Coach.
Supervision offers a confidential framework within a collaborative working relationship in which the practice, tasks, process and challenges of the development of the coach and the actual coaching work can be explored.
The primary aim of supervision is to enable the coach to gain in ethical competency, confidence and creativity so as to ensure the best possible service to the coaching client. Supervision is not a ‘policing’ role, but rather a trusting and collegial professional relationship.
These sessions will be held at regular intervals so no matter where you are in your studies, there will be opportunities for you to join the sessions. Once you will be included in the supervision event invitations.
The good news is that the process of support and development for our students will not end when they qualify and leave the training programme, we will continue to offer additional opportunities for professional CPD and Supervision, both with the group or one to one to all via our new Professional Support Service programme.
Blended Learning Option: Online Training & Live Workshops at the UKCPD Training Center in Swindon